Home for Good Phone
About the Program
There are many factors that impact successful reentry, and the level of support provided to returning citizens during the first few days and weeks of their release is critical.
The HFGFone Program leverages the power of a cell phone to provide returning citizens with immediate access to information and important reentry resources. Given the circumstances and financial situation of many formerly incarcerated individuals, a no-cost smartphone is essential to facilitate basic communication, find housing and employment, access mobile banking, and obtain other critical services.
We work with the reentry community to provide this Program to returning citizens.
For eligible individuals, the Program includes access to the following FREE features:*
• Android smartphone
• Charger and USB type-C cable
• SIM card
• Unlimited Talk & Text
• Calls to Canada & Mexico
• 25GB of Monthly High-Speed Data
• Up to 5GB of Hotspot Data**
• Voicemail/Caller ID/3-way Calling
• 911 Access
• 411 Directory Assistance at No Additional Cost
• Nationwide Coverage on America's Best Networks
Eligibility requirements vary by state, but in general, subscribers must either have a gross income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participate in one of the following assistance programs:
• Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Food Stamps
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
• Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
*The Program is made available through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a federal government benefit program operated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) aimed at ensuring connectivity to eligible households. This new benefit aims to connect households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more. Only one ACP per household, not per person, is allowed. Certain terms and conditions apply.